[LMB] OT: Language

Joel Polowin jpolowin at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 5 06:39:24 BST 2019

>>Excuse me but the Antifa is a world wide organization.
> Sorry, but nonsense.  "Antifa" is not an organisation, any more than
> atheism is.

The problem with this kind of thread has nothing to do with U.S.
politics vs. global politics.  It's the problem of the straw man:
the false attribution to an extremely large and diverse group
of individuals -- "liberals" / "conservatives" / "left-wingers" /
"right-wingers" / whoever -- of bad behaviour and attitudes that are
really characteristic of only a small subset.  Of *course* it's going
to stir up ill will on this list.  Or anyplace else that an extremely
large and diverse collection of individuals hang out.

Joel