Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 5 07:54:29 BST 2019

From: "M. Haller Yamada" <thefabmadamem at yahoo.com>

On Monday, August 5, 2019, 06:24:49 AM GMT+9, Federico Bergstein <almirantenaismith at gmail.com> wrote:
A problem with that is that Barr never really paid for his crime, (I think,
perhaps the voyage to the sea could be considered punishment? but not
enough)
I think that if Barr was in my life I would want him far away.

Micki: Interesting.?
I think this is one of the best ways for Barr to pay for his crime:?
doing the right thing by Lily, even though it's difficult, and Bell
isn't going to thank him profusely for it.?
If he never beguiled again (and I think he used a touch of?
beguilement when seducing Bell), and led a good life but?
never spoke against beguilement when he saw it, and ignored
Lily, he wouldn't really be qualified for redemption, IMO.?...

Gwynne: I think he tried a touch of suggestion on Fawn, but the response
to that cured him of trying it ever again. He does ask Fid if he'd like Barr to
use Lakewalker healing on his burns, he doesn't just launch into it.

But then Dag gives a push to the clerk when Whit and Berry are getting
married; once again a Lakewalker uses their power to force a farmer to do
something that they weren't going to do. And the clerk is a lot clearer in
his 'No' than Bell was in hers, I think. Was Dag wrong in that case? And
is it better or worse than Barr and Bell?