Federico Bergstein almirantenaismith at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 13:52:24 BST 2019

I am not sure those things can be considered "paying" for it, or to say it
in another way, we *know* he paid for it, and he will never do it again and
he's very ashamed.
But we *know* those things because we are inside his head. If we were
people *inside* the story, without knowing what he feels and thinks, we
would be very wary of him and perhaps even think him as an unpunished
rapist.