Matthew George matt.msg at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 22:59:06 BST 2019

Gwynne is right (and you know she's really right if *I'm* saying that).  A
significant factor in the context of Barr's act is that he belongs to a
culture with very different sexual mores and doesn't fully grasp Bluebell's.

He's also awfully quick to try compulsion, later on, though.  So it's clear
part of the problem is that he hasn't grasped the ethics of his powers over
farmers.

What's this about Bluebell not being beguiled after?  I don't think we know
that.  All we know is that she didn't come looking for Barr - a light
beguilement might not have been strong enough to motivate her leaving
everything behind.  Admittedly Barr was trying to infuse ground
part-to-part, so he may have been perfectly open to Bluebell even if he
couldn't generally manage that healing technique on farmers without side
effects.

Matt "Barr, you creep..." G.