Matthew George matt.msg at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 23:04:56 BST 2019

Important distinction:  Barr is guilty of a moral and ethical failing (we
can argue about precisely what kind), but he has committed no crime in the
legal sense.  Farmer law, to the degree that there is any, doesn't seem to
know anything about beguilement in any sense, from the true mind compulsion
to ground imbalance to the quasi-Spanish fly thing Barr tried and seems to
have succeeded at.  Likewise, Barr didn't violate any Lakewalker laws, he
violated Lakewalker rules, which is a rather subtler matter in many ways.

Regardless, I'd say being read the riot act over and over, combined with
his truly recognizing the nature of his sin (for lack of a better term) is
actually adequate punishment.

Matt "repentance and atonement" G.