Damien Sullivan phoenix at mindstalk.net
Tue Aug 6 02:31:44 BST 2019

Dag didn't figure out beguilement, he figured out the accidental version
that came from healing farmers.

On Tue, Aug 06, 2019 at 12:52:52AM +0000, M. Haller Yamada wrote:

> I will note that Execution, castration, and horsewhipping don't seem to
> prevent rapists from raping. Imprisonment seems to confine the raping

It probably stops a lot of them. No system is perfect.

The chance of getting caught seems to deter people from crimes more than
the severity of punishment. If getting caught is unlikely then there'll
always be someone willing to take the risk.