[LMB] OT: Meat

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 6 06:49:01 BST 2019

From: Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net>

> On Aug 5, 2019, at 10:04 AM, Alex Kwan <litalex at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> This made me wonder, do Betans eat strange meats since they are all vat protein anyway? Like kitten or puppy (many in Asia already eat those)?

When we get vat-grown meat, I suspect it won?t be too long before we get a big variety of old and new flavors, that don?t have to be associated with particular animals.    I bet the Betan culinary industry will be well developed that way.

Gwynne: After a few centuries, I doubt the vat-meat would be recognisably
anything but a lump of meat. Maybe they'd have to recharge the gene pool
every few decades.