[LMB] Language drift on Barrayar

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 6 08:40:18 BST 2019

From: Joel Polowin <jpolowin at hotmail.com>
Ethan's experiences on Kline Station were of pretty nasty homophobia
-- not "you're weird, but whatever floats your boat" or "I really
hate being solicited", but active disgust and impending violence.
Beta would have been different, of course.  I don't think we've got data
apart from that.  Jackson's Whole would be "whatever you can afford,
we can supply", but that's a different thing, basically no taboos of
any kind in certain quarters.
Joel

Gwynne: I wonder if the prejudice against Athosians is because of their
prejudice against half of the Nexus. They have a culture that doesn't allow
any alignment but one, and is actively negative about women. So the bias
against them is tit for tat (so to speak.)