Walter Stuart Bushell proto at panix.com
Tue Aug 6 14:25:16 BST 2019

> On Tue, Aug 06, 2019 at 03:06:37AM +0000, M. Haller Yamada wrote:
>>     On Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 11:08:34 AM GMT+9, Damien Sullivan
>> <phoenix at mindstalk.net> wrote:
>
>> The chance of getting caught seems to deter people from crimes more
But I think for the average
> person, most felony penalties collapse into "my life is fucked"; in some
> sense 5 years in prison is better than life in prison but it's not a
> tradeoff I'd want to be making.

But a least in America, that is a choice many people are forced to make.
Going to trial is very costly if you are convicted and many are convicted,
often by prosecutors misconduct. judges allowing perjured testimony,
testilying and so forth. Hence a deep curse may you be prosecuted for a
capital crime and may you be innocent.