[LMB] Welcome Beatriz!

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Tue Aug 6 21:23:11 BST 2019

On August 6, 2019 2:06:42 PM MDT, "Beatriz Esparza Echávarri" <besparzae at gmail.com> wrote:
>Hello,
>No, I don't think I will go to World SF Convention in Dublin.
>I have never been to a convention. Is it interesting?
>
>El mar., 6 ago. 2019 8:50, James M. BRYANT G4CLF <james at jbryant.eu>
>escribió:
>
>> Beatriz says she will try to de-shy... :-)
>>
>> Will you be at the World SF Convention in
>> Dublin next week, Beatriz?
>>
>> You'll meet a lot of us if you are.
>>
>> So I hope so - James
>>
>> ---
>> https://www.avg.com
>> --

I went to Worldcon in Denver when Lois was Guest of Honor. At the time I lived in Boulder, just an hour's drive away.

I wouldn't recommend it. I guess I am not a convention fan. Lois's parts were interesting and I did get to meet several favorite authors. But really, I feel I get to know them better online than from getting an autograph or talking to them for 15 minutes.

The rest of it was just a huge pain of walking long distances, waiting in lines and not knowing where to go next.

Your milage may vary.
--
                Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts
                        Study Hard -- Be Evil