[LMB] OT: Language / vat protein

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 7 08:01:03 BST 2019

Hmmm. My two cents: it makes a difference if the vat meat is
cloned from original meat, or if it is built up (kind of like a 3-D
printer) molecule by molecule from a blueprint of the
original meat.

I think it's going to be a blueprint, if only because meat
producers are going to want to alter the blueprint so the
meat can taste more exercised (flavorful, gamier, stringier)
than vat meat alone can provide.

Someone made the joke about human meat being
in poor taste, but I think that's exactly what it's going to be.
Something shocking and crass, for a certain niche group.

IF human meat is indeed the tastiest thing around, the
marketers are going to call it something else to overcome
our resistance and to prevent people from wanting to try
the real thing . . . after all, on Beta it's going to be very, very
difficult to get a cow and try and real beef, but getting a human?
Why, just knock on the neighbor's door, if you are obsessed enough
with trying it. People everywhere on Beta.

If they really want to sell the synthesized human to the mainstream,
they'll call it a new and exciting meat with no prototype. There won't
be even a whisper of cannibalism in the ad campaign. "Better eating
through science! Try the Nu-Meat! Breakfast of champions!"

IMO, anyway.

Micki