[LMB] Lois-Bujold Digest, Vol 171, Issue 35

Lorelei Kaena lorelei.kaena at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 14:42:36 BST 2019

Everyone would have been needed to help do anything. Do you know how much time it takes to make cloth?

That’s the answer to some of your questions about children, the elderly, and disabled. Cloth production from raw fiber is time consuming but nearly everyone can do each step.

Then there’s watching the kids. Why have an able-bodied woman in the house who can be working a field when a elderly or disabled person or people can ride herd on the kids? That’s why the living in family groups. It’s simple social dynamics.

They’ve found disabled, healed Neanderthals, who had obviously lived with their conditions but were useless to the group. We aren’t baseline savages.

Turlach