[LMB] Prejudice on Barrayar

Lorelei Kaena lorelei.kaena at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 18:29:59 BST 2019

 Barrayar got there, but I doubt it got there quickly.

Remember how long ago this series was started, and how differently we understand (due to technological advancements) archeology and what finds we already have.

Herself hasn’t written much about the beginnings of the colony, but I very much doubt they went straight to infanticide and other atrocities (the expectation that the newly disabled will kill themselves, or be killed or hidden). Sure, it’s been done in some cultures, but given the known mix we have, it should have taken time to lose the taboo and build the ritual.

Turlach