[LMB] Language drift on Barrayar

Tony Zbaraschuk tonyz at eskimo.com
Wed Aug 7 22:26:32 BST 2019

On Tue, August 6, 2019 7:51 am, WILLIAM A WENRICH wrote:
> Dono felt a difference in how he was treated as soon as he left Beta and
> it started before then. Some Betans switched back and forth routinely.
> Most never change sex. I didn’t see any reference to identifying with a
> gender (non-CIS). The attitude seemed to be, whatever your body is,
> that’s what you are. Sex as opposed to gender.

Well, on Beta Colony, if you don't identify with the way your body is
currently developed, you can change it, so you shouldn't see very many
(if any) people experiencing problems with body identification.

(It wouldn't necessarily be gender-change surgery, either; it might be
Betan therapy.  They're probably a lot better at dealing with this
issue than we are.)

Tony Z

--
Et vocavit Deus, "Fiat lux!"