[LMB] OT: Pratchett's Final Works (Was: Re: I'm misunderstanding beguilement?)nt?

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Thu Aug 8 12:41:11 BST 2019

On Wed, 7 Aug 2019 20:16:55 +0000 (UTC), Raye Johnsen <raye_j at yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I don't think anyone would disagree that his last four books were not the best things he'd ever written but I think each character still had a strong voice and characterisation didn't suffer from The Enbuggerment. I think that what really suffered was plot. From dealing with major events on the Disc, we kind of slide sideways into
the effects of ongoing progress.  Which is a fruitful source of tension, don't get me wrong, but is somewhat less of a dramatic event than, e.g., the ascension of the first known-to-be-female Low King.

His last two, particularly, read to me like very, very good Pratchett
fanfic.  Recognisable style, but a certain lightness of touch was lost.
--
Instead of leaking celebrity photos we could leak pdf versions|of college textbooks?