Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Thu Aug 8 20:05:30 BST 2019

> On Aug 8, 2019, at 12:39 PM, Eric Oppen <ravenclaweric at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The thing is, the only way we can study criminals is by looking at the ones
> who are caught---who are, most likely, the bottom of the barrel, on the
> average.  I once did, for my own amusement, a list of rules I would follow
> if I were to take up a life of crime, and IMNSHO following those rules
> would greatly reduce the chance of getting caught (time and chance happen
> to us all).

One issue in being a career criminal (or repeat ass), is that screwups happen.   In normal jobs, when a screwup happens, whether it is your fault or something completely out of your control, life goes on.   Maybe you get called to work in the middle of the night to fix something caused by a car crashing into your work place.

When screwups happen in crimes, the consequences are harsh.