[LMB] OT: Otherwise

Matthew George matt.msg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 20:45:23 BST 2019

> Publishing private email against the express wishes of the sender sounds
> like a deliberate violation of copyright law. One with multiple witnesses
> and
> documented in public archives.

Copyright law?  Fair Use Rule.  And of course motivation matters -
commercial intent is a disqualification, as is potentially competitive
use.  I fail to see how either applies here.  Making the list aware that a
particular poster responds to denial of permission to communicate off-list
with increasing levels of off-list communications?  Reference quoting for
purposes of public good is generally permitted.

Matt "oh so pleasant or oh so right" G.