[LMB] Language drift on Barrayar

Lorelei Kaena lorelei.kaena at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 00:19:38 BST 2019

I’m not arguing that!

I’m just saying my headcannon was that it was a slow slide.

The disabled: First only the unsavable, or those who would need equipment they didn’t have. What anyone would want, right? What my grandmama chose.
But then edge cases got less and less
Edge.

LGBTQI—They knew they were going to a colony. The Firsters were willing. And even in the books, as long as you have your family... well, other things are looked away from. Not the best, but you can track a ‘babies first, then do you’ to a ‘respectable families do this, then there are the town clowns’.

Women—Well. With the women pregnant and dying from excessive childbirth without modern healthcare, it would have been much harder to keep parity. Still, Vorfemme knives and right to defense made it.

I guess I like to have as sunny a view as possible. :)

Turlach