[LMB] veering OT: crime and prevention, was Re: Is Barr a rapist? or I'm misunderstanding beguilement?

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Fri Aug 9 00:40:47 BST 2019

On Thu, 8 Aug 2019 18:46:51 -0400, Katherine Collett
<kcollett at hamilton.edu> wrote:

>> On Aug 8, 2019, at 7:58 AM, Marc Wilson <marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Good locks make the lazy criminal pick somewhere with cheap locks.  No
>> security is impossible to beat, it's just a matter of raising the
>> inconvenience level and reducing the payoff.
>
>That's how we feel about having dogs.  It's not that our people-loving retrievers would actually be a problem for burglars, but the deep barking is likely to deter them from targeting our house when there are plenty more around.

We have two dogs that between them, make one good housedog.

The labradoodle is large and looms impressively behind the French
windows, but he doesn't say much.

The Cockapoo is small but very vocal.
--
"A customer is an unstable compound of an idiot and some money."
 - Philip Harvey