[LMB] Sumptuary laws, was Language drift on Barrayar

Thomas Izbicki tizbick at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 9 01:39:35 BST 2019

There is a large literature on sumptuary laws. Two books of interest. I can list others & articles. The Western tradition is rooted in Roman law. Tom Izbicki:
1. Sumptuary law in Italy, 1200-1500<https://franklin.library.upenn.edu/catalog/FRANKLIN_9932270693503681>
Bookmark

Author/Creator:
Killerby, Catherine Kovesi, 1963-
Series:
Oxford historical monographs.
Publication:
Oxford : Clarendon Press ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2002.
Format/Description:
Book
2. The right to dress : sumptuary laws in a global perspective, c. 1200-1800<https://franklin.library.upenn.edu/catalog/FRANKLIN_9977522722803681>
Bookmark

Publication:
Cambridge, United Kingdom ; New York, NY : Cambridge University Press, 2019. , ©2019
Format/Description:
Book
Available. Van Pelt Library. HB841 .R54 2019. See shelf location<http://www.library.upenn.edu/about/locations/floor-plans/stacks-vp#H>