Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 9 04:51:40 BST 2019

From: Marc Wilson <marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk>

Good locks make the lazy criminal pick somewhere with cheap locks.  No
security is impossible to beat, it's just a matter of raising the
inconvenience level and reducing the payoff.
(I always try to park next to more expensive cars).

Gwynne: At the very least, having reasonably long sentences for dangerous
crimes means that the criminal will have less time on the outside to commit
those crimes. Not a great solution, but it gives a few more years of safety to
the community.