[LMB] OT: Cough Drop Bears

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 9 05:48:05 BST 2019

On Friday, August 9, 2019, 12:44:25 PM GMT+9, Sharon Micenko <wembleyware at gmail.com> wrote:

>> but it has a very nice cough drop aftertaste!
>
> Cough drop bears?
> --
> "The future is here already.  It's just unevenly distributed."  - William Gibson
>
> --
> Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Best thing I've read today, mind you.
>
> Cough drop bears.
>
> Micki

> --

Have you seen the Australian Museum’s distribution map for Drop Bears? Don’t go near these places without you Vick’s to distract them.. (Or Walgreen’s or whatever)

Micki: LOL, you know, the museum says that there's no evidence that their suggested
repellants (forks in hair, toothpaste behind ears) work, but . . . I notice that there's
no evidence that they don't work. Vick's behind my ears might be an attractant. (In
the US, at least, Vick's Vaporub is a eucalyptus and/or camphor based rub for
chest congestion and is used as a folk remedy for ear aches -- just in case I'm
misreading you, and Vick's is also the name of an Australian pharmacy.)

https://australianmuseum.net.au/learn/animals/mammals/drop-bear/
Lois-Bujold mailing list message sent to thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Lois-Bujold at lists.herald.co.uk