[LMB] OT: Language

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 9 05:53:01 BST 2019

    On Friday, August 9, 2019, 01:13:15 PM GMT+9, Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:

 From: Sylvia McIvers <sylviamcivers at gmail.com>

Kosher meat has split hoof + chew cud.
Pigs are unique in having the outer but not inner sign.
Remove the split hoof, and  yes it is still unclean.
Perhaps there was a slightly different plot twist?
Sylvia

Gwynne: Vat meat can't chew cud; does that mean it won't be kosher?
--
I was wondering the same thing. But it won't have ANY hooves, so isn't there the chance that vat meat will be classified as a vegetable?
It seems to me I read somewhere about some odd classifications ofcertain foods, either by Jewish people, or possibly by Catholics backwhen they were much pickier about their dietary laws. I can't bring upeven a smidgen of which animals they might have been. #FridayBrainFog.