[LMB] [OT yet?] Re: Language drift on Barrayar

Karen A. Wyle kawyle at att.net
Fri Aug 9 15:41:38 BST 2019

 My father's family name was Weihrauch (German for incense, or literally "holy smoke"). He carried that handle through service in the Army during WWII, where having a German last name was not exactly an advantage. His older sister was an aspiring actress and had a more pressing need for an "American" name. The family ended up adopting "Wyle" under the naive delusion that it would be easy for Americans to spell and pronounce.
Karen A. Wyle (most often pronounced Wylie, or when heard, spelled Weil or Wile)