[LMB] Misunderstanding beguilement

pouncer at aol.com pouncer at aol.com
Fri Aug 9 16:12:23 BST 2019

Following up -- though I confess disappointment at lack of general comment --
considering how you interpret Dag's groundwork on Copperhead, and whether
then the horse is afterwards "beguiled"; how then do you suppose Dag left
Aunt Natti?  That bit of groundwork/Lakewalker "magic" that matched his
own optic nerves and the part of the brain that interprets sight with
the parallel anatomy trapped behind Aunt Netti's cataracts ...
Serious work.

That seems to be a similar match of Barr's and Bluebell's special function
nervous systems and brain parts, doesn't it?  Instead of seeing what Barr saw,
Bluebell felt what Barr felt. And, perhaps, vice versa.

Did Dag leave Natti beguiled?  If not, why assume Barr left Bluebell
beguiled?  Why assume "persuasions" or groundwork other than
healing has that effect?

I'm thinking it does  not.  And I think there is a whole bunch of groundwork done
on critters, Farmers an Lakewalkers among  each other for which the ground-worker
shows little concern about any long term effects.  I am very inclined to let Barr off
the hook for the charge of deliberately imitating a malice, or Crane, in deliberately
enslaving Bluebell's mind.