[LMB] Criminals OT: (WAS:- Is Barr a rapist?)

Joel Polowin jpolowin at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 9 18:26:47 BST 2019

Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:
> And it's a magic wand!  Walking sticks, I discovered, are fantastic!

> People get OUT OF YOUR WAY!!! And if they don't you 'accidently'
> poke them, and when they turn around, frowning, they see the
> stick, apologise, and get out of the way!!!

It's less than wonderful when well-meaning people insist on being
hlepful, against one's stated wishes.  The incident in Jo Walton's
_Among Others_, with the woman yelling at Mor that if she just
stopped using the cane, she wouldn't need it, was drawn from Jo's
own experience.

> I'd love to try a mobility scooter....

Without being in a condition to actually *need* it, one assumes...
because *that* cost would be too high.

Joel