[LMB] Criminals OT: (WAS:- Is Barr a rapist?)

Lorelei Kaena lorelei.kaena at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 20:23:14 BST 2019

>> It's less than wonderful when well-meaning people insist on being
>> hlepful, against one's stated wishes.

I hate when this happens, especially on those days I need both my cane & my service dog. Then I get close enough (because these are those utter assholes who hold the door for 20ft) that they see my apparent age (I have vEDS) and get chewed out for ‘pretending’. Trader Joe’s weeds them out!

> Physical therapists *do* often find people who, if they'd only put in
> the effort and weight training, etc, wouldn't need an assistive device.

I’ve found both ways. The ‘you’re ending up in a wheelchair anyway, why torture yourself’ school, and the ‘let’s keep you as active as you want to be as long as you want/is feasible’ school. But that could be my chronic illness. (I’m in school B, keep my crutch around in case.)