[LMB] Abusive animal relationships

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Fri Aug 9 22:22:17 BST 2019

On 8/9/19 10:48 AM, Gwynne Powell wrote:
> Copperhead is a different case: I doubt he's beguiled since he's
> generally homicidal, but maybe in his twisted brain that IS how he
> shows beguilement?

Has anyone noticed how often our relationships with our pets and animals
resemble abusive human relationships?

"She only bites me because she loves me."

"I only get nipped on the nose when I don't feed her quickly enough."

"It's really my fault. I shouldn't wiggle my toes in front of her claws.
She can't help herself."

--
                Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts
                        Study Hard -- Be Evil