[LMB] The ideal crime

Matthew George matt.msg at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 22:27:23 BST 2019

On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 5:21 PM Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:

> Which on-topic characters have broken laws?

Well, we have Miles.  And Miles.  Miles, again.  I realize that's the same
character three times, but he does it so very often.

Ivan violates a whole bunch of laws in CVA.  Cordelia broke some in
escaping from Beta Colony.  Aral is a murderer and a dueler.  Enrique...
it's not quite clear if he ever truly understood he'd committed fraud, but
he undoubtedly would have been convicted if Mark hadn't taken him away.
Mark breaks no laws on JW... and I suspect he breaks none on Barrayar...
but he did commit murder and conspire to kidnap on Earth.  Leo Graf... oh
my.

A better question might be which characters aren't technically criminals.

Matt "if laws become illegal, only criminals will have laws" G.