[LMB] OT: Cough Drop Bears

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Sat Aug 10 02:19:11 BST 2019

On Fri, 9 Aug 2019 07:23:15 +0000, Gwynne Powell
<gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:

>Gwynne: Vick's Vaporub is the same here, not a pharmacy. I'm not sure how much
>eucalyptus is used overseas, but it pops up in plenty of things here. Floor cleaners,
>fresh air sprays, scented tissues (the eucalyptus tissues are great when you have a
>cold.) Mum uses eucalyptus oil as a stain remover - it does a very good job (put it on
>the back of the fabric).

Eucalyptus oil is used in all manner of things here (including Vick's
and various cough sweets, rubs, etc).

M&S are also selling bedding made with eucalyptus fibre blended with
cotton, and very nice it is.    It's known as Tencel or Lyocell.
--
The best course of action is one far too many companies seem
only able to recognize in hindsight: don't screw over your