[LMB] A terrifying idea

Joel Polowin jpolowin at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 10 17:49:36 BST 2019

WalterStuartBushell <proto at panix.com> wrote:
> On Jul 19, 2019, at 6:31 PM, Eric Oppen <ravenclaweric at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just imagine if instead of Penric, Desdemona had jumped to Miles Vorkosigan!
> Would have to give such an entity more handicaps or vulnerabilities or stories
> would be to hard to write. We have superheroes vulnerable to kriptionite, smart
> but wheelchair bound, wearing a suit that makes him fast and invunerable, but
> is *stupid*, ectcetera.

They'd spend a lot of time fighting each other: Desdemona appalled at
the danger he was putting himself in, Miles begging her to SHUT UP and
let him concentrate on what he needed to do.  She would be something
of a handicap on his mind, which is his most cherished / crucial /
fundamental attribute.

Joel