[LMB] Balance was Criminals OT: (WAS:- Is Barr a rapist?)

Jelbelser jelbelser at comcast.net
Sun Aug 11 00:41:46 BST 2019

> On Aug 9, 2019, at 10:12 PM, Gwynne Powell wrote:
>
> The walking stick wasn't for mobility. When I was a baby an ear
> infection damaged my middle ears, the bit that controls balance.
> I did a lot of physio work on balance, until he told me to stop. I'm
> ok if I can touch something. Just a single fingertip touching a wall,
> and I'm fine. Level surfaces, I'm fine. Broken ground, any kind of
> heights... it can get difficult. I can be standing still and lose my
> balance. It's a gift.

I fell on the back of my head about 20 years ago and my balance has never been quite the same. Sometimes I loose track of where vertical is. I definitely hold on to banisters on steps. I need the finger on the wall sometimes (not nearly as often as the year after I fell). Oddly enough, three fingers pressed against the side of my face can be really helpful at times. And being very very careful when I lean my head back.

Janet in TN