[LMB] Criminals OT:

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Sun Aug 11 03:18:41 BST 2019

On Sat, 10 Aug 2019, Mervi Hämäläinen wrote:
> This is one of my favorite tropes (love Modesty!) so thanks very much for
> mentioning Raffles. I've downloaded the first short story collection.
>
> I can't seem to remember many such characters, at least as main characters.
> The most obvious one is the Hustle TV-show where a group of con men often
> steal from outright criminals.

Another one is the late lamented series _Leverage_, which ran for five seasons.
The team in that show used their criminal/grifter/hacker skills to get justice
for people who had been wronged. Highly recommended if you can get it:
excellent acting and fine, tricky writing, especially in the first two seasons.

> Also "the Heist" by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg where one of the two
> main characters is a con man and the other an FBI agent who together catch
> bigger criminals. It's the first book in a series.

This is also the base idea behind the TV series _White Collar_, which
definitely had some great moments (particular the scenes with Mozzie, played by
Willie Garson). It ran for 6 seasons.

--
Alayne McGregor
alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca

If there is a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, you must be the one to write it.
-- Toni Morrison