[LMB] The Best Scene Lois Never Wrote

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 11 06:36:12 BST 2019

From: Carol Botteron <cjbotteron at gmail.com>

One of the later Penric novellas implies that Penric had had sex with one
or more women before he met Nikys.  In the first book he worried that if he
did anything intimate, Desdemona might interfere somehow.  I would have
liked at least a bit of description of one of these encounters.  Did he
tell the woman about Des?  What did Des do or say?  Maybe this is a fanfic
prompt.

Gwynne: I wonder if a younger Penric would take Des's romantic advice, or
tell her to keep quiet and take a back seat during the romantic interlude.
I'm sure that she'd have a few comments to make afterwards.