[LMB] OT: Pratchett's Final Works--DODGER

Jean Lamb tlambs1138 at charter.net
Sun Aug 11 22:04:56 BST 2019

One of Pratchett's last books was DODGER, which says in the foreword was
composed largely through speech to text software, with obviously some
cleaning up after. Some of the Pterry's main themes shine through, simply
clothed in somewhat different verbiage. It's a non-Discworld book, but it is
more verbose, though very enjoyable as a book--just not the pure quill
Pterry that we're used to. I see in it the shadow of the book it could have
been--NIGHTWATCH, especially--but it's certainly well worth reading on its
own. (I so enjoyed the hero's encounter with that nice Mr. Disraeli, being a
Disraeli slut since college, but especially the hero's occasional venture
into being Mr. Punch--I was somewhat reminded of the role Mr. Punch plays in
the Peter Grant books by Aaronovitch as well).

Not quite Pterry, but still a good read.

Jean Lamb
tlambs1138 at charter.net
https://www.amazon.com/Jean-Lamb/e/B00IR0YO20