[LMB] OT: Language

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 23:39:20 BST 2019

On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 12:13 AM Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> From: Sylvia McIvers <sylviamcivers at gmail.com>
>
> Kosher meat has split hoof + chew cud.
> Pigs are unique in having the outer but not inner sign.
> Remove the split hoof, and  yes it is still unclean.
> Perhaps there was a slightly different plot twist?
> Sylvia
>
> Gwynne: Vat meat can't chew cud; does that mean it won't be kosher?
> --

This has been asked before...  somewhere, somewhen.
I think the general consensus was, Wait until it actually happens and find
a rabbi who is also a chemist(?) and is familiar with the process. BUT most
likely if the original cells are taken from a kosher animal, the derivative
is kosher, and vice versa.

Sylvia