[LMB] OT: Language

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 23:42:16 BST 2019

On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 1:21 AM Sharon Micenko

> Catholics can eat rats on Fridays. Because they have a scaly tail they
> were classified as fish...
>
> Sharon

Rats? Euagh, but obBujold, people under siege will be happy to know this.

So, speaking of things classified as fish.
A Jewish man doesn't like the medieval restrictions on Jews, so he is
baptized and converts. One Friday,  the priest visits him and finds him
eating ham.  Oh, this is not allowed!

Don't worry, says the convert. I sprinkled it with holy water, said "you're
a fish, you're a fish, you're a fish", and now I can eat it, no problem!

So apparently on Friday, ham is also a fish.

Sylvia