[LMB] Criminals OT: (WAS:- Is Barr a rapist?)

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 23:59:24 BST 2019

On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 12:36 PM Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Gwynne: Last time I went to Europe was before my knee operation, so I
> took a walking stick. I didn't need it for support (they're pretty
> useless) but
> I have balance issues, so it was helpful for that.
>
> And it's a magic wand!  Walking sticks, I discovered, are fantastic!
>
> People get OUT OF YOUR WAY!!!

Oh, yes.  One pregnancy damaged my leg for the first trimester: not showing
a pregnant belly, but can't stand for more than a minute. So I got a cane.

Walking veeerrrrryyyyyyy slowwwwllllllyyy on the New York Subway stairs:
no cane, get cursed for slowness. yes cane, people grind their teeth. And
wait.

At the Long Line of Doom [tm], no cane, stand and wait. Yes cane, nicely
ask the person behind me if they will hold my place while I sit, because
waiting my turn is very OK, standing is very not OK, and they're fine with
it.