[LMB] OT: Language

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Tue Aug 13 13:43:41 BST 2019

On Sat, 10 Aug 2019 03:55:28 +0000, Gwynne Powell
<gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:

>From: Jason Long <sturmvogel66 at gmail.com>
>
>Shouldn't be hard, crushing the larynx or driving the end through an eye
>socket should do the trick.
>
>Gwynne: See, this is what worries me about this board. It's not just the
>incredibly confronting issues discussed (Cannibalism??? Eating Koalas???)
>It's also the matter-of-factness about it, and the cheerful enthusiasm.
>
>Book people are supposed to be NICE, dammit.

Where does it say that?  :)

The ideal is to be hard-headed and soft-hearted.  Too many people, IME,
have it backwards.
--
"If Elves are plural of Elvis the plot of eg. Lord of the Rings changes
quite drastically. Perhaps I should try to read it again with these new