[LMB] What makes a character irredeemable?

Matthew George matt.msg at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 17:57:17 BST 2019

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 12:39 PM WalterStuartBushell <proto at panix.com>
wrote:

> I doubt the Bastard does anything mechanically. I imagine there are plenty
> of
> Death Magic rituals done perfectly without results.

If the ritual works because of the assent of a paranatural being, it's
theurgy.  If it compels the being, it's magic (probably sorcery, although
the technical distinctions aren't quite in my ken).  Magic contradicts the
themes of the 5GW - although from a Watsonian perspective it can't be ruled
out, the Doylesian view doesn't really permit it.

Matt G.