[LMB] What makes a character irredeemable?

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 14 02:02:42 BST 2019

From: WalterStuartBushell <proto at panix.com>

> On Jul 26, 2019, at 2:34 PM, Royce Day <sirtalen at gmail.com> wrote:
> That said, it's important to remember that Dondo got taken up by the
> Bastard due to the delayed Death Magic that Cazaril performed. It's a
> little ambiguous as to whether a properly performed Death Magic ritual wil
> just work automatically, or the Bastard ignores the plea if the target
> isn't awful enough in His opinion.
> -Royce in MD

I doubt the Bastard does anything mechanically. I imagine there are plenty of
Death Magic rituals done perfectly without results.
Sig intentionally left blank.

Gwynne: The Gods have only a few ways to direct what happens in the world.
Death magic could be one of them; the Bastard allows it to work when the
results lead to a desired outcome. The merchant who used it on the duellist
was most conveniently dead for Caz to find him, and his clothes, just when he
needed them. Without those clothes he wouldn't have had the confidence to
apply for a job with the Provincara, at just the right moment. Allowing it to work
for Caz set off a whole series of events that led to Caz's third death, and the
ending of the Curse.