[LMB] OT: California drop bear - an invasive species?

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 14 07:48:59 BST 2019

From: kbarry <kbarry at bitsofhistory.com>

On 8/13/2019 9:50 AM, Batwrangler wrote:
> what I want to know is does the water kill you sans large reptiles?

Ask Prime Minister Holt who went for a swim in the sea and was never
seen again.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Harold_Holt
Read about that in "A Sunburned Country" by Bill Bryson.
Regards,
Kevin Barry

Gwynne: Sheesh,  you lose ONE Prime Minister and people never let you forget
it. Theories at the time were evenly split between the CIA, Chinese submarine,
and (more boring) sharks. There's still a lot of people who believe it was either
of the first two.

But we did name a swimming pool after him.