[LMB] OT: California drop bear - an invasive species?

listmail at gordonj.net listmail at gordonj.net
Wed Aug 14 11:16:22 BST 2019

On Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 04:49:41 PM GMT+10, Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Sheesh,  you lose ONE Prime Minister and people never let you forget
> it. Theories at the time were evenly split between the CIA, Chinese
> submarine, and (more boring) sharks. There's still a lot of people who
> believe it was either of the first two.

Raye wrote: I thought we'd all pretty much agreed he got into a rip?  Where did the sharks come from?  (Yes, yes, the Pacific, I know.) Raye raye_j at yahoo.com I believe in dragons, unicorns, good men and other mythical creatures.

I think it would have been the Tasman Sea not the Pacific. Still has its fair share of sharks, sting rays, barracuda and other aquatic creatures that quite like a human for lunch. When I was in the RNZN ships at sea used to carry a loaded rifle on the bridge in order to shoot any sharks that turned up in the event of a man overboard incident.