[LMB] OT: Language

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 20:28:08 BST 2019

On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 2:09 PM Eric Oppen <ravenclaweric at gmail.com> wrote:

> That was how ninjas often operated, back in the Good Old Days in Japan.
> Why, after all, go to all the trouble of climbing a (white) castle wall
> while dressed in black clothes that scream "NINJA!" to everybody who may
> come across you, when dressing up as a servant or some such lowly person
> who can go unnoticed will get you in and get you the information or access
> you require?

The samurai/ninja gardener: a staple of Ye Olde Japanese stories.

I was just recently talking to someone about how doing something
deceptively simple, and doing it superbly well, is the sign of mastery to
those who _really_ know.

Like the ninja gardener, an invisible person - but Our Hero brought a
flower to the Boss, and the boss says, "who cut this, it is such a clean
share slice across the stem."

Wish I could find a sample, I think I am not describing  this well.
Sylvia