[LMB] OT: California drop bear - an invasive species?

Louie Chubb louie at chubb.wattle.id.au
Thu Aug 15 00:47:26 BST 2019

On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 07:15:02AM -0400, Karen Hunt wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 2:49 AM Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > From: kbarry <kbarry at bitsofhistory.com>
> >
> > On 8/13/2019 9:50 AM, Batwrangler wrote:
> > > what I want to know is does the water kill you sans large reptiles?

<snip>

> There's also the box jellyfish - absurdly overpowered in the sting-for-food
> world.
>
> Karen Hunt

Irukanji tops the list of those, I suspect. It is a 1 cubic cm (aprox) almost
clear jelly that causes and extreme pain and sometimes death. It is known as
one of the most venemous jellyfish in the world.

http://www.irukandjijellyfish.com

For some more on our fun-filled marine life....

http://www.marinestingers.com.au

And for more marine jellies .. "It seems to go without saying that the most
poisonous, deadliest and meanest of all the jellyfish inhabits Australia."

https://www.planetdeadly.com/animals/dangerous-jellyfish

Enjoy :-)

Louie