[LMB] OT: Cough Drop Bears

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 15 06:01:01 BST 2019

> Have you seen the Australian Museum’s distribution map for Drop Bears? Don’t go near these places without you Vick’s to distract them.. (Or Walgreen’s or whatever)
>
> Micki: LOL, you know, the museum says that there's no evidence that their suggested
> repellants (forks in hair, toothpaste behind ears) work, but . . . I notice that there's
> no evidence that they don't work. Vick's behind my ears might be an attractant. (In
> the US, at least, Vick's Vaporub is a eucalyptus and/or camphor based rub for
> chest congestion and is used as a folk remedy for ear aches -- just in case I'm
> misreading you, and Vick's is also the name of an Australian pharmacy.)

Sharon:
No, No, No! Don’t put it behind your ears! That’s fatal. You need the Vick’s cough drops, not the vaporub (yes, it’s the same here) and carefully throw them at least four or five metres away from you as you walk along.

--
Micki: Oh dear. So that's what I've been doing wrong!
I've had to go to double-fisted fork duty the last week.