[LMB] was: Language Now Vat Meat Ethics

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 16:25:44 BST 2019

On Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 3:35 AM M. Haller Yamada <thefabmadamem at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Micki: My goodness. Meat without a mother, and if they do vat milk, milk
> without a kid.
> What's the deal with mixing synthetic fibers? Does that have any bearing,
> or is
> shatnez specific enough that it causes no problems?

This thread is branching like the roots underground: more varied than the
branches overhead!
(this pic is amazing: https://www.alamy.com/tree-roots-image64742209.html)

But specifically, shatnez is a mix of wool and linen. No synthetics need
apply.

Wool and linen can be a deadly combination:
Wool = sheep = shepherd = Abel
Linen = farming = farmer = Cain
You may have heard a story about the brothers Cain and Abel? Spoiler alert,
it had a bad ending.

In the American West, farmers and sheep/cattle herders also had repeated
shootings over who controls the land.

Basically, shatnez is one of a list of "forbidden mixtures", but it is also
a delicate reminder not to, you know, murder people.

Sylvia