[LMB] was: Language Now Vat Meat Ethics

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 16:47:27 BST 2019

On Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 6:45 PM WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com> wrote:

> I’m not sure. If they use a plant based cheese, is the cheeseburger kosher?

Yes, soy cheeseburgers can be meat-based with soy cheese or completely
vegetarian, (I think it has eggs and so not vegan) and you can buy them
today at some kosher stores.  But many kosher-observant people won't eat
them because the concept of it is just squick-making: too close to
milk+meat.

Turkey-bacon also available, but again some people are too disgusted to eat
the fake if they don't eat the real think.

Sylvia