[LMB] was: Language

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 18:50:42 BST 2019

Once at a Demicon, I was half-jingled on the very good beer in the
consuite, and started doing classical poetry in rap style.  A friend of
mine likes to tell about how she wandered in, and there I was doing Edgar
Allan Poe's "The Raven."  What struck her was not only that I was doing it
rap-style, but that I clearly had the whole poem so memorized that I could
do it even when lit up like a Christmas tree.  Another favorite for this is
the opening stanzas of "The Song of Hiawatha."

I dislike rap mainly because I'm not fond of "ghetto" culture in general.