[LMB] Fwd: Re: O.G. Rappers OT:

pouncer at aol.com pouncer at aol.com
Sat Aug 17 15:13:27 BST 2019

I'm old, now. But back in MY day the education system rewarded us
for memorizing narrative poems.  Robert W Service and Ruyard
Kipling...   Robert Frost and Emily Dickinson are all very well but
Longfellow and Coleridge and Noyes,  oh my!

The wind was a torrent of darkness, upon the gusty trees,
The moon was a ghostly galleon, tossing on cloudy seas,
The road was a ribbon of silver across the purple moor,
and the Highwayman came riding, riding, riding,
The Highwayman came riding up, up to the old inn-door ...